Tips for a Healthy Lifestyle : November Episode 3
Tips for a Healthy Lifestyle
Green Tea & Aging:
- The antioxidants, especially those known as polyphenols, in green tea help protect the skin from harmful free radicals.
- In fact, polyphenols help fight against various signs of aging, promote longevity, and treat skin diseases.
- Also, the high levels of oligomeric proanthocyanidins in green tea are thought to help slow down premature aging if taken internally. This is one reason green tea is being used in a host of beauty products
Core body exercise:
- - In the abdomen& back are important to strengthen the abdomen & alleviate back pain.
- Do each of the following exercises 5times daily.
- For the stomach. While lying on your back
- Raise each leg alternatively, 45°-90°
- Stretch your hands behind your head & slowly raise your upper body to beyond 90 ° while reaching for your feet with your arms.
- These two exercises strengthen your low back muscles. While lying on your stomach
- Keep each leg straight behind you & raise them alternatively from 10° -30°.
- Using your hands as support with palm to the ground beside your hips, raise your upper body 20°-30°
- In order to slow down the ageing process, keep the following is mind
- Avoid too much direct sunlight, it ages the skin.
- Stress & tension cause the release of bad hormones in the body, that accelerates ageing
- Lack of sleep reduces the length of DNA telomeres which shortens lifespan
- Too much exercise is bad for the joints, too little causes fat build up, both increase ageing
- Poor nutrition, with low vegetable & fruit intake, results in lack of vitamins, minerals & antioxidants
- Fast food & processed foods, add toxins to the body & accelerate ageing
- Smoking & excess alcohol, age the body
Addiction & Mind Body Treatment :
- According to the National Institute of Health, Mind & Body Medicines including meditation, relaxation, yoga, acupressure & mindfulness are helpful in managing substance abuse & addiction.
- Alcoholics anonymous uses, surrender, gratitude & letting go in its 12 step approach & Integrative Medicine has ascertained that
- Acupuncture is safe & reduces withdrawal cravings & anxiety
- Hypno therapy helps in smoking cessation
- Mindfulness & mediation reduces the use of substances including alcohol, cocaine marijuana opiates &other narcotics.
To Live Longer:
- Make friends.
- Eat light.
- Married couples live longer.
- Maintain your body weight.
- Alcohol in moderation.
- Get spiritual.
- Forgive and forget those who harmed you.
- Be safety conscious at all times.
- Make sleep and exercise a daily priority.
- Manage your stress.
- Do not smoke and keep mentally active.