Health Tip Edition 11
Antioxidants & Ageing:
- Foods that help you live longer include Olive Oil.
- Strawberry and other berries.
- Fish eaten once or twice a week.
- All types of beans, vegetables & salads.
- An occasional glass of wine, Nuts, Dairy products, Whole grain foods.
- To maintain a healthy weight light exercise done daily.
- Never run on an empty stomach.
- Always keep hydrated by drinking a cup of water or having fruit juice before you start running.
- Running with a buddy is a good idea
- Avoid running alone especially if you are an older runner
- Never run too fast, better run & walk in between, when tired.
Feel Good Factors:
- Sunlight stimulates the feel good hormone & reduces depression.
- Sleep for 8 hours daily, during sleep the body heals itself.
- Eat foods like fruits & salads daily. They balance your mood.
- Stay positive. It relieves anxiety.
- Get Spiritual. It makes you positive & hopeful.
- Have a good network of family & friends. This reduces stress.
An Effort to Quit Smoking:
- Do talk to your doctor about prescription pills that help you manage your urge to smoke.
- Join a quit smoking group & take the help of friends & family.
- Avoid triggers like alcohol, coffee & stress.
- Physical activity & exercise are a good thing to do every day.
- Eat a lot of fresh fruit & vegetables.
- In case you FAIL, set a date & start your quit smoking effort again
- Moderate & daily exercise under the guidance of a professional is beneficial for people who have had heart attacks, strokes, heart failure, COPD, depression, low back pain, chronic fatigue syndrome, high blood pressure, diabetes, arthritis, etc.
- Exercise is also beneficial for those who are overweight, highly stresses & smokers