Health Tip Edition 13
- DASH is acclaimed as the best diet to manage hypertension.
- Reduce daily intake of salt to 1 tea spoon max.
- Eat wholegrain.
- Eat leafy & raw vegetables as salad for 2 meals daily.
- Eat 1 or 2 fruits daily.
- Eat fish & poultry. Avoid red meat.
- Eat nuts & legumes daily.
- Avoid saturated oils.
- Avoid sweets & desserts.
- Have low fat yoghurt.
Alternate Ways to Exercise
- 30 Minutes brisk walk along with 10 minutes free hand exercise daily.
- Jog for 20 minutes & on alternate days do 30 minutes gyms exercise.
- Play tennis or any other outdoor game 2 days a week, walking or golf 2 days a week & gardening 1 day a week.
- Bike for 30 min 3 days a week with trekking the balance 2 days.
- Constantly worrying about anything & everything is called General Anxiety Disorder (GAD).
- This affects your sleep & health, resulting in headaches, nausea, etc.
- GAD could be genetic & affects women more than men & is treated by psychotherapy or talk therapy.
- Yoga, meditation, exercise, music therapy, etc. helps.
- Talk to your Doctors who may prescribe medication or consult a psychologist.
Eat Fruits & Veggies
- Don't try to diet when giving up cigarettes, too much deprivation is bound to back fire.
- Instead, focus on eating more fruits, vegetables & low fat dairy products.
- A Duke University Study suggests these foods make cigarettes taste terrible, this helps in fighting the cravings while providing disease fighting nutrients.
To Prevent Breast Cancer
- Exercising for at least 30 min a day.
- Keep within an acceptable weight range.
- Avoid hormone therapy unless prescribed by the physician.
- Limiting alcohol to not more than once or twice a week, & not more than a unit per occasion.
- Avoid high fat commercial diet of fried foods & instead eat salads daily